Library Rules & Regulations
1. Only books from general collection are issued to the members. Reference books, periodicals (including journals (current issues and back volumes) magazines, Newspapers etc.), rare books, reports, standards, projects, dissertations, theses, CDs, video cassettes are not issued to the Members.
2. Members should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures etc while borrowing the book and report the matter to the Circulation staff.
3. Borrowers are responsible for the documents they borrow. Documents lost, torn or damaged (tearing of pages, underlining, making notes, damaging of binding and the like) shall attract serious action including suspension of membership and/or replacement of documents concern. The lost/damaged document shall be replaced by the borrower with latest edition (HB or PB as the case be) with binding charges else double amount of the price for the document. If the damaged document belongs to a set, then the user is responsible for the entire set or In case the book is damaged or lost by the member, he/she has either to replace the book with a new copy with additional charge as determined by the Library Incharge.
4. The borrowed books have to be returned before the due date. In case of books returned after due date, the late fee will be charged,
5. Members desiring to discontinue their membership can do so by :
-returning all books borrowed by them
-clearing all dues, if any
6. The students, faculty and staff of Institute has the first right to use the Central Library.
7. Only registered members are allowed to use the Library.
8. Members should produce their ID cards at the entrance of the Library.
9. Projects/Dissertations/Theses are to be consulted within the library premises only. Dissertations submitted are given for consultation within the library only on the written permission of the Chairperson of the concerned department.
10. Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of books before borrowing.
11. Readers are not allowed to bring personal books or any printed material and other personal belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. inside the library. These materials are to be kept at the Property Counter at their own risk. Readers’ are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
12. Readers should not carry books from one floor to another and also leave the books on the reading table after use.
13. Readers should not write in, mark or otherwise disfigure/damage books, furniture etc.
14. Library can recall any issued book even before the due date. Failure to respond promptly may lead to suspension of library privileges.
15. The library is primarily for the use of faculty, research scholars, students, and non-teaching employees of the University.
16. On special request, outsiders (Students, Faculty, Research scholars of other Universities) are also admitted for a shorter period for consultation with written permission of the Library Incharge on submission of a letter from the concerned organization.
17. The Member (students) should produce his/her Identity card for borrowing books, failing which the library staff can refuse to issue books to him/her.
18. Books given for loan may be renewed up to 2 times for a further period provided no other reader has reserved the same.
19. Members proceeding on long leave or on deputation etc. exceeding three months should return the documents that are borrowed.
20. No lost document shall be accepted once the recovery is made.
21. Newly arrived documents shall be displayed. Documents on display shall be issued only after a specified period. However, advance booking for such documents are entertained.
22. No document shall be returned on the day of issue.
23. While leaving the library, user should ensure that they carry only those books that are duly issued on their names, otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them.
24. During power/system failure the circulation counter services will be suspended.
25. Users are responsible for complying with copyright act while photocopying library documents.
26. Improper use of library facilities by a member will lead to the suspension/termination of his/ her membership.
27. Silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library and switch off their Mobile phones etc by all users and the library staff. Every one shall ensure that no reader should feel disturbed in their study by any act of his/her.
28. In-disciplinary act and use of mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside library premises. If found, the membership as well the use of library facilities may be suspended.
29. The library rules and regulations shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned.