Central Library, Ganga Insitute of Technology and Management
Click here to edit subtitle
The Library is knowledge Centre which has rich resources mainly in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Fire Engineering, Applied Sciences, Management and other related fields. It is situated in the academic building with a sitting capacity of 150 readers and is the hub of entire academic and research activities of the Institute.
Mission and Vision
The mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the users. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
Build collections and create tools to support research and learning;
• Optimal use of available resources and services;
• Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library resources;
• Create attractive and comfortable physical and virtual environments for study, and research;
• Collaborate with faculty members and research scholars to enrich the collection & services.
The Library collection consists of Text Books, Reference Books, Periodicals, back volumes of Periodicals, CD-ROMs, Floppies and Audio materials:
• Total No. of Books– 47865
• Total No. of Titles - 4099
Audio Visual Materials
• Total No. of Audio Visual Material-851
• Total No. of Titles of AVM- 121
• Total 111 National/International printed journals are available.
- Membership of DELNET (229 e-Journals are available of Management and 819 are available for Engineering & Technology)
- JGate Database (51523+ e-journals indexed and 19302 Full Text)